The Penny Harvest service-learning program empowers students to achieve their own potential, while creating positive outcomes for both themselves and our community at large.
The program helps students take what they learn in a classroom and apply it to real world situations. Research conducted by Columbia University shows that students who participate demonstrate:
- Increased in self esteem
- Increased interest and effort toward academics
- Improved communication and leadership skills
- Improved decision making and problem solving
- A greater sense of responsibility to peers, adults and community
- Improved ability to work with others